Monday 10 October 2011

Colour Film Printing

In the induction for colour printing we first went through all the controls on the enlarger. We then made test strips of our negative to see how long we need to expose the paper. I set the aperture on the enlarger to F32 and set the yellow colour to 80 and the magenta to 60 and then exposed each section of the test strip for five seconds. 
From the test strip I decided to expose the next test strip for 13 seconds. I thought that the test strip from before had a blue hue to it so I decided to decrease the yellow by two so it’s 78 instead of 80. I had to decrease the yellow as its the opposite to blue in the colour spectrum which means it would bring the blue hue down.
I decided to take down the yellow even more to 75 because there was still a blue hue to the image. 
The test strip still had a blue hue so for the next one I took the yellow down to 72.
I still felt the image had a blue hue so again I took it down to 69. I also decided to take the magenata down by three as I noticed a red hue on the image as well, I had to take it down by three as to get rid of red you have to decrease the yellow and magenta by the same amount. 
Next I decided to make a final print, I choose to decrease the yellow to 57 to remove the blue tone even more. 
 I decided to make another final print as I thought my last one was too dark so I exposed my final print for eleven seconds instead of thirteen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment