Thursday 10 November 2011

The Object- Final Still-life

The Object- Final Prints


Out of my two negatives from my still-life photo shoot, I choose one that had fake blood on it as I feel it symbolises the cruelty the animals have gone through to be on your plate which gives the image a very powerful feel. For my test strip I had the aperture on the enlarger set at f22, I then covered sections of the paper for five seconds each. I set the yellow colour filter to 60, the magenta to 80, and the cyan at 0.
From my first test strip I decided to expose the whole of  my second test image for 30 seconds at f22. I kept the colour filters at the same settings as the first test strip.

With my next test strip I closed the aperture as the test strips were coming out too dark, I changed the aperture to f32. I also only exposed the image for 25 seconds to brighten it up. 
 For my fourth test strip I kept the same  aperture at f32 and the same exposure time,25 seconds. However I decreased the yellow and magenta colour filters by ten each as I felt the image had a cyan hue to it.
 This test strip had a magenta hue to it so I decreased the magenta by 5 so it was on 75 but I left the yellow colour filter at 50.
 A yellow hue then began to appear on my image so increased the yellow by 2 and as there was also a cyan tone to it I decreased the magenta by 3.
 I felt the image was slightly too dark so I decreased the exposure to 23 seconds instead of 25 to make it more brighter. I also increased the yellow colour filter by 2 because it had a yellow hue to it.
 For my final print I decreased the exposure even more to 21 seconds to increase the brightness in the image. I kept the colour filters as the same as I felt I had the correct colour to the image.



No comments:

Post a Comment