Sunday 25 March 2012

The Commission- Final Images

Contact Sheets


First Image
For the first test strip I set the lens on the enlarger to F16. I set the colour dials to 60 for magenta and 80. I exposed each section of the paper for five seconds. 
From the last test strip I decided to expose the next test strip for 7 seconds, however as I closed the aperture to F22 I have to double the time so it is 14 seconds. 
The last test strip looked too cyan so I decreased the magenta and yellow colour dials by five. I also increased the exposure time by 1 second.

For the next test strip I decreased the yellow colour dial to 71 as the image looked to cyan because I did this I had to change the exposure time back to 14 seconds so the image doesn't become too dark.

The test strip looked to dark so I changed the exposure time back to 13 seconds. I also decreased the yellow dial even more as the image still looks to cyan.
The test strip still looked to cyan so I decreased the yellow dial again to 65.
I felt the test strip looked to be correctly coloured balanced so I made the image into a final print.


Second Image
As I used a similar image to my first one, I kept the settings on the enlarger the same as it was for the final image. The enlargers aperture was set at F22, and I exposed the whole of the image for 13 seconds. The yellow colour dial was set to 65 and the magenta was set to 55.
I felt that the image looked to green so I decreased the magenta by 3 so it was 52. 

The test strip then became to magenta so I increased the magenta by one.
This test strip came out too dark so I decreased the exposure time by one second.
The image still looked magenta so I increased the magenta by one so it was 54. 




Third Image
I used the same settings as the ones I used for my first final print. I felt the image looked to yellow so I increased the yellow colour dial by 3.
The second test strip looked to bright so I added two seconds to the exposure time to make it 15 seconds.
I felt the image looked to magenta so I increased the magenta slightly to 55.5.
This test strip came our too cyan and too dark, I decreased the exposure time to 13 seconds and decreased the yellow colour dial to 65.
The next test strip looked too green to remove it I decreased the magenta colour dial to 52.
I felt the image looked too bright so I increased the exposure time by 1 second. 
Next the test strip came out too cyan again so I changed the magenta colour to 54.
This is the final test strip I made, I decided to make a final print of it to use in this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment