Friday 30 December 2011

The City- Digital test shots for final idea

Digital test shots for final idea
Now that I have come up with my idea for my three images for 'The City' project I decided to take some digital test shot's. As my idea is to photograph tall buildings to symbolise how the city has modernised, I walked round the town where I lived to find buildings that could resemble this. I also looked for buildings that have lots of windows to symbolise the structure of the city. Once I found buildings that would represent modernisation I photographed them so I had a reference of what one's to use for my final images. Taking these images were good practice for me in shooting night photography, when I take my final images I know that I will need to use a tripod as I would have to use a long shutter speed so this will prevent camera shake. When I took these test photograph's I used a low camera angle as I want to use a low camera angle when I take my final pictures to emphasise the scale of the buildings. I did this so I could have a feel whether the buildings would represent the theme of the images.




I photographed the building above as it is very tall and would symbolise the way the city is growing and expanding. By using a low camera angle on this building will represent how the city is always modernising and always expanding upwards. I also photographed this buildings as I liked all of the windows and how they're symmetrical as they would help to represent how the city is being controlled. 

I decided on this building as I liked the scale of it as I feel it will represent modernisation well. I also liked how there was nothing distracting around it so you could just see the building against the dark sky. The symmetry of all the windows also symbolise the controlling of the city so I felt this building would be ideal.


I decided to photograph the building above as I liked the repetition of all the windows, I felt that they would represent the way the city is controlled well as there is so many of them. The lights illuminating from the windows would also represent modernisation and the darkened windows disrupt the repetition of the windows as if it showing the controlling of the city is being lost. I also felt that the scale of the building would emphasise the modernisation of the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment