Friday 30 December 2011

The Body- Final Idea

My Final Idea
My final idea for 'The Body' project is to create a very natural portrait, I want the image to appear very honest so I'm going to use soft lighting to emphasise the natural theme of the portrait. I asked a student at UCA on the Fashion Atelier course if I could take there photo's, the model I choose has very natural look as she has curly natural hair. My main inspiration came from portrait photographers who capture there subjects in a very intimate way such as Paolo Roversi and Richard Avedon, in portraits by these photographers they mainly focus on the eyes. By having the subject gaze into the camera creates an intimate feel, I was inspired but this so I'm going to have my model look directly into the camera. I feel that eye's can tell a lot about how a person is feeling, the quote 'eyes are the window to the soul' inspired me for my portrait so I began to research into photographers that focus on eyes in there portraits.
I came across photographers such as Jeanloup Sieff and Henrick Adamsen as in  there portraits they focus on the eyes, they mainly do this by composing the image so the eye is centred in the frame, I found this technique effect so I'm going to use it in my own portraits. To create a soft feel in my image I've decided to use a Black and white film with ISO 400 so the portraits will be low in contrast.






Lighting idea

My idea for the lighting in my portrait is very soft and delicate. My main inspiration for the lighting is photographer Paolo Roversi, I love the soft and romantic feel that is created by the lighting he has used. I like how the lighting is equal throughout the whole image which adds to the softness of the portrait.
To create a similar lighting effect I'm going to photograph the model against a white background lit by two broncolors with spill kills reflecting of four polyboards. The model is going to be lit by a broncolor with a lantern in it attached to a boom arm so I can place the light directly above the camera so its facing down on to the model. When I take the pictures I will have to make sure the background is two stops smaller then the light hitting the model, I will also make sure the subject is not to near the background so the light remains even and there is no harsh shadows.

This is a lighting plan I made for my portraits:

No comments:

Post a Comment