Thursday 1 December 2011

The Environment- Final Pastiche

Contact sheet
This is my contact sheet for my final Pastiche and Environment images. I choose to print two of the pastiche images to see which one turns out the best and to see which one is the most similar to Robert Adams image. For my final pastiche I went to the location where I did some test shots as the area looks out over a town. I thought the location is ideal as it has tree's in the foreground which is similar to Adam's images. When I took the image's I used a small aperture to capture everything in focus, I also used a tripod and a shutter release to make sure everything was focused. I chose to shoot on a day where  it was very over cast and foggy, as in the image I had to pastiche by Robert Adam's the sky is completely white. 

1st Print
I decided to print this image first, I choose this image as the composition was very similar to Robert Adams image. 

For the test strip I used an aperture at F5.6 , I chose to use a grade two filter too add contrast to the image so it was similar to Robert Adam's picture. I exposed each section of the test strip 
for five sections so I could see how long I want my image to be exposed for.

 On the second test strip I choose to use two different graded filters. On the right side of the image I exposed the image for 25 seconds, whilst covering the left side. I then repeated the step but on the opposite side with a grade two filter instead whilst covering the right side this time. This allows me to see which grade I prefer.

I choose the grade two filter as I felt the grade three was far too dark, I also felt the grade two was looking to dark so I exposed the whole of the test strip for twenty seconds this time. To bring some more tone in to the image I choose a grade 0 filter and exposed it over the image for five seconds.
This was my final image for my first print, I feel it looks far too dark so I decided to do another print. For the image I used a grade two filter for twenty seconds. I then exposed the whole of the image again for five seconds but with a grade 0 filter.

Final Print

From my last print I learnt to make the aperture smaller so the image won't look as dark, I decided to use F8 for this image. I exposed each section of the test strip for five seconds each using a grade two filter to add contrast to the image.
For the next test strip I exposed the whole of the image for forty seconds as I felt my last test strip was over exposed. I used a grade two filter to add contrast to the image so it looks similar to Adams image.



To make my image look more similar to Robert Adam's image I choose to add more contrast to it, to do this I added another exposure of ten seconds with a grade four filter. Before the second exposure I used a grade two filter at forty seconds.

For my final image I repeated the same steps as the last test strip. I feel my image looks very similar to Robert Adam's as I have used the same composition as him as well as the same subjects. I used printing to get the image more similar to Adams' by adding more contrast to the photo by using a grade four filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment